USS Enterprise

USS Enterprise
The TMP Enterprise

Friday, October 5, 2012

NOT all Starwoids are like Mike Wong

Before I get started, let me tell you what the phrase "Starwoid" means.  The word "Starwoid" is one name for Star Wars fan which I learned about on the Internet years ago.  Some Starwoids like to attack Star Trek in the name of Star Wars, among them is Michael Wong.  But Star Trek is far form being the only target of the wrath dished out by bad apple Starwoids since there are clearly non-Star Trek targets as well ranging from Star Fox to Avatar and for different reasons from one another.  Avatar is one of my favorite movies and some Starwoids hate it because unlike Star Trek, it is more popular than Star Wars.

However, not all Starwoids act like this and certainly not all Starwoids are like Michael Wong.  Not all Star Wars fan sites are problems, only certain ones such as StarDestroyer.Net are of any legitimate concern.  Other Star Wars fan sites such as the Star Wars Artist Guild (SWAG) are okay.  I have no problem with other people liking Star Wars of disliking Star Trek.  Whether or not people like Star Wars or Star Trek is not at all why I posted this blog, I posted this blog to stop bad apple Starwoids like Mike Wong from infecting other people with misinformation.  Don't get em wrong, there are at least a few bad apple Trekkies such as an anonymous "William Shatner's #1 Fan" who created a blog called the "I Hate Star Wars Club" in 2006.  This guy leaked it out in a post titled "A Letter from "Joe"" that some Starwoids used to put his head into the toilet as to why he posted such a blog.  People like Mike Wong if unchallenged, would create more people like that aforementioned "William Shatner's #1 Fan" who want to eradicate Star Wars just like that bad apple Trekkie does.

So this post is to set the record straight, I want to avoid the Star Trek vs Star Wars fan rivalry and instead campaign to have StarDestroyer.Net taken down.  Not all Starwoids are like Mike Wong as I have previously stated just like not all Trekkies are like the I Hate Star Wars Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment